Files from Old Computer Missing?

I bought a Passport Ultra apprxo. 1 year ago, and a new computer about six months ago. Initially, all my files from the old computer were on there. BUt now, it appears the files on my new computer have overwritten the files from my old computer? Thankfully, most of the essential files I had transferred to the new computer anyway, so it’s not a huge loss. But… am I missing something obvious when I go to retrieve files? I’m only seeing stuff from the computer. Anyone have any idea what happened? I’ll just count my losses and go on, if there’s nothing I can do, but I’m hoping someone here has a suggestion. Oh, and I do have “older files” and “deleted files” selected.

Hi, did you transfer the files manually or did you use software? if you used software, which software did you use to transfer the information?

Hmmm… I replied via e-mail, but apparently that didn’t work. So I’ll copy it here. I suppose this may eventually show up twice. I used the software that came with the portable drive. It’s a Passport Ultra, and I used the WD QuickView software. Is that what you’re asking? I have no idea what version it would be. Is there anyway to do anything akin to a system restore? I know it was all on there before. My old computer still works, and I could get everything back again, if I needed it, I guess. But I kind of don’t want to mess with that until 1. I know I have to and 2. I know what type of issue I’m dealing with here.

I used the software that came with the portable drive. It’s a Passport
Ultra, and I used the WD QuickView software. Is that what you’re asking? I
have no idea what version it would be. Is there anyway to do anything akin
to a system restore? I know it was all on there before. My old computer
still works, and I could get everything back again, if I needed it, I
guess. But I kind of don’t want to mess with that until 1. I know I have to
and 2. I know what type of issue I’m dealing with here.