Files disappear in Folders

Files on my passbook disappear in my folders, however when I reboot the computer the files show up, but after awhile they disappear again and I am using USB 3.0. I just got the drive and using Win 7 Premium Home 64 bit.

Hello,

Backup all your data and reformat your drive, you can use the Western Digital DLG to write zeroes to your drive, this application is available at www.wdc.com

What is this WD DLG and what is the exact name that it can found under. Thank you.

Win DLG is a software to complete erase and diagnostic units u can download this one from

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=110&sid=3&lang=en

take ur data out of the drive if u dont have it on the drive and them run a diagnostic to see if everthing is ok and them write zeros to it. 

lonewolf1044 wrote:

Files on my passbook disappear in my folders, however when I reboot the computer the files show up, but after awhile they disappear again and I am using USB 3.0. I just got the drive and using Win 7 Premium Home 64 bit.

you also may have power issues.  if the drive isn’t getting enough power to it files can disappear like that.  try the passport on another computer and see if they show up and stay on that computer.  if not, you may need to get a power booster cable from wd.  also, are you using a usb cable no longer than 18 inches? if you are using one longer than 18 inches, then that’s your problem.  that will prevent enough power getting to the drive to run it properly.

Actually, I am using the one WD provided and why would I need a booster when I am powering up from the computer ports which is not a hub. I see WD product as faulty and seeing a whole lot of people having problems with it out of the box. I have a Seagate and zero problems with it.

Update: Ran WDDLG and it reports that my drive has bad sectors, so many bad sectors that it could not complete the test. Just like I figured I got a lemon. Now my drive does not show up at all. I do not not suggest anybody buying MY Book external drives until WD gets a handle on what they are selling.