Files being deleted at power off

I’ve been using the WD TV Live for years.  Have a WD 2TB disk plugged in via USB with about 1.3tb of content on it.

Never a problem.

Now in the last few weeks some weird stuff is happening.  I can copy movies over the network to the USB attached drive, watch the shows - no problem.  Then if the device is powered off the recently added content will be gone - not available from the payer GUI and not on the disk when I connect to the share.

If someone described this to me, I would think they are simply nuts.  It is like something is keeping track of newly added content and removing it?!?  Sound crazy I know, but has anyone come across this?

vision69 wrote:

If someone described this to me, I would think they are simply nuts.  It is like something is keeping track of newly added content and removing it?!?  Sound crazy I know, but has anyone come across this?

Yes a neighbour of mine had exactly the same problem.  His 1TB drive was pretty full so we deleted a few series from it to give it extra room. It all only happend recently, let us say around 4 weeks ago.  He is running the latest firmware and we slipped the new files to the attached HDD via wireless from his main PC situated in a different room.

He hasn’t had the problem since we deleted a few files.(I don’t think!)  His attached drive is 1TB USB powered drive