Files are WD NOWHERE!

WD anywhere? Try WD nowhere…

Several months ago I had folder in “My Documents” which I backed up using WD Anywhere to an external hard drive. After backing up, I deleted the folder from my computer.

Yesterday, I confirmed those files were still in the Backup drive. I once again created an empty folder in “My Documents” with the same name so that I may add to the previous backup. However a minute later I decided to rename the folder a little bit differently so that WD Anywhere would create a separate instance in its back up list.

Now the files I had backup a few months ago are gone. However, to my surprise they can be found in the restore list under the new folder name. But when I go to restore them I get an error saying:

failed to find store instance for File: C:\Documents and Settings\Warmpixelpie Studio\My Documents\__KINDAROOMY ARTWORK\Enceladus\Saturn_for enceladus_wrk.psd, type = ‘file’, checksum = ‘y4Zpy7sF9VtFTRcTvLT+xgMHjTo’, attributes = Archive, create time = 1/4/2010 2:24:15 AM, last write time = 1/4/2010 2:24:21 AM, length = 88723929, compressed length = 88723929, instance id = 22167

Help, I have apparently just lost hundred of gigabites of original artwork, totally a years’ worth of hard work. I am extremely POed. Can anyone help.

CJ

Since nobody has responded, maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en