Files and folders do not appear in finder (even though they are on MyCloud)

Hello,
I use a MyCloud device and experience a strange problem, which makes synchronization very difficult.
When MyCloud is connected as a server to finder (afp://BoppCloud._afpovertcp._tcp.local or smb://BoppCloud, makes no difference), random Folders or files just do not appear. The WD MY Cloud Desktop App shows the files are there, I can open and edit them. But whatever I do, they do not show up in finder.
If I reconnect, the missing files or may not appear and other files may have disappeared. Also on two different computers, connected at the same time to the same device, different files are missing.

This would all not be to problematic, it WD Sync was working on my MacBook. But that is not the case. It keeps crashing (every 30 seconds, more or less) and so I’m trying to work with other synchronization Apps, which makes the problem acute.

I have of course searched the forum, but I found nothing which seemed to solve (or even describe) my problem. I wonder if it might a a hardware related issue?

Thanks for any helpful suggestion.

Rainer

Hi rbopp,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support

https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en
The link below will allow you to call support.