File sharing and MAC OS Catalina over MoJave MAC OS something chanegd

? say its Apple ? say its WD …file-sharing changed in Apple’s Catalina from 10.14.xx Mojave PERIOD Running up to date firmware on WD and MAC 10.15.5 even tried Apple reinstall OS 10.15.5

Apple says its WD issue with a sparse firmware update policy? WD says its Apple and file-sharing permissions…YES one can see the files thru the MyCloud account, yet not thru Apple OS…many calls to Apple, many calls to WD…fristreated yet an awkward workaround …IT worked fine in MAC OS MoJave 10.14.xx

is it more telephone calls…frustrated - yet still have not found a satisfactory solution and even tried changing permission in the “Get info” about each locked file? and changed no effect on a closed folder

found answer on another website forums:

Unsure why it works, yet it does for ME
This insight gave me the ANSWER to fix my concerns…
trying the different connection prefixes one gave me the answer - cifs:\

IT works for the MOMENT

not sure why it versus MD default answer of smb:\ or afp:\ or other concoctions of prefixes would change permissions to files…IT WORKS (more inquisitive research may be involved - why fix a broken command) !

Have tried it for several days, copied files and moved files - ALL working

no more calls to Apple or Western Digital involving permissions or Catalina on Mac OS 10.15.5 and external NAS boxes