File name shows extention

I use the get file info for my movies. When  I do this, the name file of the movie changes from “movie.avi” to only the name of the movie “movie”, which i preffer, of course, however, sometimes the files revert to the “movie.avi” and I have to re-scan the info so it changes again.

Why does this happen and how can I stop it from happening again, it takes forever to get the info for all of the files to have to do it all over again!

Thanks!

Try to rename the specific files that are giving you this issue to a correct name. For example if your movie is named:

batman.dvdrip.lewd.avi

Renamed to batman.avi

It should not revert back once do the media info.

tommymargot wrote:

I use the get file info for my movies. When I do this, the name file of the movie changes from “movie.avi” to only the name of the movie “movie”, which i preffer, of course, however, sometimes the files revert to the “movie.avi” and I have to re-scan the info so it changes again.

Why does this happen and how can I stop it from happening again, it takes forever to get the info for all of the files to have to do it all over again!

Thanks!

It will do this if you do not set your CONTENT SOURCE to “My Media Library.”

If you ARE using My Media Library and it is still doing this, it sounds like something is clearing the database.   Do you have more than one WD Hub or SMP box on the same network using the same shares?