File Manager Bug

With the Gen2 and at least an older version of the Live, there was a bug in the file manager where it wouldn’t let me see or move .srt subtitle files. Can anyone confirm one way or another that the newest firmware of the Live or the Live Plus fixes or does not fix this? Thanks.

nijaju wrote:

With the Gen2 and at least an older version of the Live, there was a bug in the file manager where it wouldn’t let me see or move .srt subtitle files. Can anyone confirm one way or another that the newest firmware of the Live or the Live Plus fixes or does not fix this? Thanks.

I tried it for you on my Plus, it works as far as I can tell. I copied a folder of The Twins Effect from my network share to my USB drive attached to the Plus, and it grabbed everything.

Hope that helps.

But if you were to try and copy just a single .srt file would it work? Without copying it’s parent directory that is.

I will try it for you in a few minutes =)

* UPDATE *  Nope, it will not see .srt files at all.

Thanks, that’s all I need to know. It’s interesting that they can’t/won’t fix little bugs like this. Maybe they’ll release a new box which adds this feature ;).

nijaju wrote:

Thanks, that’s all I need to know. It’s interesting that they can’t/won’t fix little bugs like this. Maybe they’ll release a new box which adds this feature ;).

Ha ha! I wonder if that would bump the price another $25 :stuck_out_tongue: