File Histroy not backing up all the files to my NAS

Hello…

I have WD my cloud Personal NAS… which is used for backing my two PC… I am using windows inbuilt File Histroy for backing up…very recently I have observed that one PC data is being backed up completely whereas the my other PC data is being backed up partially…

Through my research I found out that File Histroy doesn’t back up files with filenames more than 256 characters (how far is it true)…

I have files which are included in subfolders and easily across 256 character length…

Please advice what should I do

Hello,

I found some information on the Microsoft support site about it.

“Maximum Path Length Limitation: In the Windows API (with some exceptions discussed in the following paragraphs), the maximum length for a path is MAX_PATH, which is defined as 260 characters. A local path is structured in the following order: drive letter, colon, backslash, name components separated by backslashes, and a terminating null character. For example, the maximum path on drive D is “D:\some 256-character path string” where “” represents the invisible terminating null character for the current system codepage. (The characters < > are used here for visual clarity and cannot be part of a valid path string) says MSDN.”