Fed up with wdmycloud

Nope. Single bay My Cloud working just fine with multiple Windows PC’s (XP, Vista, 7, and 10). Often the problem comes down to your Windows PC not being configured properly for local network access of other devices on the local network.

Things to check…

• Make sure the My Cloud and computers are using the same IP address range (ex. 192.168.1.x).
  • Make sure all devices on the local network are using the same workgroup name (ex. WORKGROUP).
  • Assign or reserve a static IP address for the My Cloud within the router’s administration DHCP settings section.
  • Make sure “IP isolation” or “WiFi isolation” isn’t enabled on routers that support those features.
  • Make sure WiFi devices are not connected to the “guest” network since guest networks tend to be isolated from the rest of the wired network devices.

See the following discussion and pay particular attention to Windows 10 Specific Method 1 through Windows 10 Specific Method 5.

The other problem some experience and blame the My Cloud is the Windows limitation of allowing only one My Cloud User login to Private My Cloud Shares on that Windows PC.

Also, read the My Cloud User Manual (https://support.wdc.com/product.aspx?ID=904) if you haven’t done so already. It has general information on how to setup the My Cloud and use the various My Cloud options/features.

1 Like