Features missing and desired in the mobile app

I have had 3 versions of the WD NAS drives and I keep using them as i find them reliable. But the mobile/tablet app is pretty average. Could do with a GUI overhaul but there are other simple things I think WD could do to fix it

1. When I want to download something from my NAS to my phone i would love an option to specify where I want it downloaded to. E.g. file 1 into gallery on ad card, file 2 into documents on phone storage, etc.

2. Maybe create an offline mode for items you have downloaded from the drive (especially if #1 cant/won’t be done)

3. Let me login as admin and setup others to have remote access whilst I’m in the app rather than have to go to web browser or computer

4. Let us rebuild/rescan media server from the app (putting things into the NAS then wanting to stream it via DLNA immediately can only be done for my device [ex4100] after I rescan

I’d love to know if anyone else has any other ideas of features they are missing in the app (I use android). Hopefully WD Devs take notice of this

Hi,

You could go through the user guide of WD My Cloud Mobile app, check out the following link: https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4094