FCPX crashes when importing footage from G-Drive

I’m all of a sudden having difficulties importing footage to FCPX from G-Drive 4TB using Thunderbolt. Been using this drive successfully for quite a while without a hitch. All of a sudden, as soon as I hit File/Import/Media on FCPX, the dialog box opens for a second and the software crashes. All existing projects on this drive load and work fine… only issue is recently with importing footage. Tried importing footage from an internal hard drive instead and all works fine. This happened after FCPX latest update… Any clue as to what needs to be done please as I am more of an end-user than a computer expert?

Thx in advance
Jean Pierre

Have you tried the process while the drive is attached via USB instead of Thunderbolt to see if it gives the same result?

Good suggestion Rydia… no didnt cross my mind. Ill try it out however I doubt it will solve the issue. I have a feeling it has something to do with the latest OS and FCPX updates I installed! Does the G drive need any updating at all without losing media stored in it?

Thansk again
Jp

There is no update for the drives currently no need for a firmware change or anything like that. The next solution would be to attempt erasing the drive to clean off any possible corruption, you would of course need to transfer the data off prior but its either an issue with that project file with the new FCPX updates or the media being used since your older projects boot fine.