FAT32 or NTFS?

Which is the default format?

If FAT32, how do I reformat to NTFS?

I am having problems dragging files from my file folder into the WD Cloud Client. Luckily I am with my parents (owner of the drive) this week so I can put files over since I’m on the network at their house.

When I try to use the client it simply gives me the “No” sign when I hover my mouse over the WD Clout client while I have clicked & dragged a file and try to drag it over.

I started having problems when I tried transferring a 14gb file to the drive. It got almost finished and then popped up saying there was an I/O error. How do I solve this problem?

If you are talking about the format of the Mycloud drive it is niether and it makes no difference as it is is presented as SMB over the network.

what are you using to copy the file(s)?

is this on a local LAN? or remote?

what firmware version?

status of the 3 LEDs?

new device? or existing that has been working before?

1 Like
  • I just updated to the latest firmware available.

• Which 3 LEDs are you referring to? 

I am connected to the device’s local network through wifi.

When I tried to do this with the WD My Cloud client, it simply freezes when it reaches a certain level of upload progress. The “time remaining” stops changing and the status bar stops progressing. 

Sometimes this happens with a smaller video file too.

When I try any of these “problem” video files using the click & drag method to the file directory using windows explorer, I get this error:

An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem.

Error 0x8007045D: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

http://i.imgur.com/GMeYjSZ.png

This particular problem I described earlier:

is no longer an issue, it seems to be fixed now.

I ran a chkdsk overnight and am going to see if these “problem” files will transfer. Will come back with results.

After running the chkdsk it seems to have been fixed.

I used this link as a guide:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/error-0x8007045d-the-request-could-not-be/17d085c8-bab4-4d31-9a2b-e7a4ba38d387