Fast Losing Confidence

OK I reluctantly set up the MBL with a static IP (rather than a permanently reserved IP by DHCP). The static IP is outside the router’s range of DHCP addresses.  I say I was reluctant because at the time dashboard access went awol I was still able to access the files on the MBL  This fact suggested to me that that the MBL had retained its IP address which had been served up by DHCP

It is too early to say whether this will prevent a repeat of the sudden unexpected loss of access to the Dashboard UI, because it only happened once in 3 weeks while connected via DHCP.

Incidentally “pietower” in the MBL Duo Community had a similar experience with loss of dashboard and unable to shutdown. See http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live-Duo/Can-t-shut-down-and-now-no-dashboard/td-p/526842

I am unsure whether a static IP was supposed to help with the WD2Go problems but I can say now that it has not helped.  I deleted the original connection and re-paired up the ipad with the MBL. It does this automatically via the WD2Go app using the “Connect Now” button served up by the app.  Shortly after doing this you can see the connection via the Dashboard under Remote Access > Mobile Access > Mobile Devices “ipad WD2Go admin connected”  The configuration details show Remote Access enable and the Connection status as connected.

However I am still in the same position that I am allowed to see the folder structure on the MBL with the ipad but when I go within any folder where there are files I am denied any sight of them.  The processing icon rotates and I eventually get the message “Device is inaccessible/Offline”.  Any futher attempts to access the MBL via the ipad even denies sight of the folder structure with the message “Device is Offline”

Does anyone have any further ideas on how to get WD2Go working