For those who have had WD TV Live Media Players fail from the recent 1.01.12 firmware update (12/04/09), we apologize for the aggravation you suffered over this, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work this out.
What do I do if my WD TV Live stopped functioning after the update?
- If your device failed after the update, you will need to replace it. WD will replace all units, at our expense, that were damaged due to the firmware release, whether they failed through the auto-update, USB update, or by update from our web site.
How do I go about getting the WD TV Live replaced?
- If it’s possible, you have the option to return it to the place of purchase for a replacement.
- If you can’t return it to the place of purchase, you can replace it through WD. You can create an RMA online or contact us for assistance.
Who will be responsible for my shipping costs?
- WD will pay for shipping. Once you create an RMA, you will receive an email with a link to your pre-paid UPS shipping label. Just click on the link, print the label, and tape it to the shipping container; and please follow the rest of WD’s RMA procedures.
- For customers outside the US, you can still create an RMA online, but you will need to contact WD’s Customer Service and Support for your region to get your shipping label.
If I already paid for a label, can I get reimbursed?
- If your RMA was created after December 3rd, 2009 for a WD Live Media Player that failed due to the firmware 1.01.12 update, please contact us for reimbursement. Please make sure to have your RMA number available. If your RMA was created before December 3rd, 2009, it will be not eligible for reimbursement.
Will I get a new or refurbished replacement?
- The replacement will be a new unit.
When can I expect to receive my replacement after creating an RMA?
- The turnaround time is 3 to 5 days for advance replacements and 5 to 7 days for standard replacements. Please refer to http://support.wdc.com/warranty/rmapost.asp?custtype=end&lang=en for more information on turnaround times and shipping methods.
Are you going to have a new firmware release soon?
- Once a new firmware release is available, we will announce it on the community.