I believe the fan has failed on the MyCloud Mirror (Fan Speed = 0 RPM). As a consequence, the system overheats and shuts down. This presents a challenge to get my data off of the device.
- If I try to turn it on a copy over a Windows network, it takes a really long time. The system overheats.
- If I attach a USB drive, similarly it overheats before backing everything up.
- If I remove the HD’s and put them into an external HD reader and look at them, I can’t see my data. However, if I boot up the MyCloud Mirror for a short period of time, I can see the data, so I know it is there, but I cannot easily copy it.
- I tried to get rsync to work and failed. Though rsync works fine on other NAS’s I own, it does not seem to work here (I configured, started the daemon but it won’t copy).
- What do I do to efficiently get my data?
- What do I do with the MyCloud Mirror? Can it (should it) be repaired?