Since my clean install to Windows 10 I always get this annoying problem. In Windows 7 this never happened.
Windows 10 64 bit activated.
WD MyCloud EX2 connected Gigabit.
EX2 recognized in network and mapped as network drive in This PC
When I try to copy a folder with files in it (+/- 3GB), it stops in the middle of the process, giving the error shown in attachment. I tested with a folder of mp3s, pictures and videos, all the same result.
I looked on the web for possible causes and solutions and tried everything:
- Network is set to Private
- Played with the advanced sharing settings in Windows
- Disabled antivirus / firewall (Windows and router)
- Enabled NetBios in network adapter settings
- Tried SMB1, SMB2, SMB3 settings in EX2 dashboard
- Reboot router, EX2
- Added login details to Windows Credentials
- Basically everything mentioned here: Compilation of Windows 10 Methods, Steps and Solutions
Can anyone explain me what’s going on, tell me what the problem is or point me to a fix, please?