Factory reset not effective

I am using a 4tb drive and I primarily use Mac for my interface. I tried to do a factory reset via web interface and it successfully completes the job but finally shows 1.5gb free of the 4tb full capacity! how to do a full format? Help!
Thank you

Which reset option did you choose through the My Cloud Dashboard > Settings > Utilities > System Factory Restore? It is possible if you have data in the default shares (ex: Public) that the Quick Restore may not be removing the data in default shares. It is also possible the Quick Restore option is not deleting the hidden folders created on the My Cloud when using the WD Sync software.

System Only reverts system settings to their default values, but retains user data and shares.

Quick Restore reverts all settings to their default values, erases all user data and shares, and retains default shares. Quick Restore creates a new file table on the device, but does not fully overwrite or erase the drive, so data recovery programs can be used to restore user data and shares.

Full Restore reverts all settings to their default values, deletes all user data and shares permanently, and retains default shares. Data recovery programs cannot be used to restore data; all user data and shares, with the exception of the default shares, are permanently deleted.

Thank you for the quick response!. I did the full restore … and did it thrice! it still showed 1.5gb remaining! and it also says 1.5 gb of 2gb! only 60 % used ! wherein it a 4tb drive!

If you haven’t already done so, try turning off the power to the My Cloud for a few minutes, then boot it back up and see if it still shows the incorrect value for free space.

Another troubleshooting step is to perform a 40 second reset or perform a System Only restore and see if that clears the issue.

One other option is to enable SSH within the My Cloud Dashboard > Settings and then use an SSH client (Putty or WinSCP if using Windows) and search the DataVolumes folder to see what is consuming the storage space.

I will try that and get back.
Thank you!

Mean while this what I see online ( I am at a different location now) only 60% of storage used - that’s 60% of 2gb! where in the actual storage is 4tb!

I could manage to find this using SSH don’t know what else is possible with this. Used terminus in MAC. Tried 40 second reset. Even after 2 hrs the light is not blue.

How long did the “Full Restore” take you ?

according to this thread it can take forever to do … half a day to a full day or more ! for a 4TB

10 minutes or less! it seems to be restoring a small part of it!
In the restored part, wd syncing was working till it got filled up.
Thank you!