F.y.i. owners

I am new to wdc and I want to be able to watch live tv from it. What service can you use?

Check the TV sections.

Joe

you can wacth Netflix and Youtube for movies and videos, for music you will have live 365 and Pandora and for pictures you have FlickR

Pretty sneaky thread title.:angry:

AFAIK, there’s no way to watch LIVE TV on this device. That is not what it is intended for.

NOT POSSIBLE.

I have been looking for at way to do this as well. Watching LIVE STREAMS (RTSP) from the internet on the HUB seems to be next to impossible … don’t ask me why!?

zballz wrote:

NOT POSSIBLE.

I have been looking for at way to do this as well. Watching LIVE STREAMS (RTSP) from the internet on the HUB seems to be next to impossible … don’t ask me why!?

What’s the problem? The Live Hub was not designed with a TV tuner, so why would anyone expect it would handle live TV? As for live streaming feeds, there are piracy and licensing concerns that probably prevent it from being able to stream anything outside of the authorized providers. Perhaps people should do more research on exactly what this device does and whether it fits their needs before they come in here complaining. It does everything I expected from it and more.

You can watch TV with 3rd party computer applications such as

Play.On

or Tversity

Essentially (as the post above suggests) you will need to download software for your PC which will “pass” the streamed content to your hub. It essentially tells the Hub that it is a media server and the device will play the content just like any other media server content. Its not perfect, but it does work quite well.

Ardvark wrote:

Essentially (as the post above suggests) you will need to download software for your PC which will “pass” the streamed content to your hub. It essentially tells the Hub that it is a media server and the device will play the content just like any other media server content. Its not perfect, but it does work quite well.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but neither of those will have access to live TV programs, such as sporting events. I’m pretty sure that networks are very protective of their live programming.