Presenting ExtremeMix Mega Hub Theme Pack 3.0
The main change is with List view
Thanks to all the recent work by Joey, Tinwarble and firetix i now have 2 different List views (the folder.jpg issue has been sorted )
My Coverflow, Sheet, STD and Trickle themes all have a List view that works well with full screen moviesheets
Whilst My Wall and the TW Coverflow / Wall themes a List view that works very well with Wall moviesheets
It is worth Noting that the ExtremeMix Wall theme has now been modified to also work with Wall moviesheets in Gallery view (if you use the all movies in same folder method) so this theme is the one to use with wall moviesheet in either Gallery or List Views
The other main change is due to size and difficulty in up keeping so many themes i have trimmed down the number of templates in the pack to 7. Now included are:
ExtremeMix Coverflow 3.0
ExtremeMix Sheet 3.0
ExtremeMix STD 3.0
ExtremeMix STD OSD 3.0
ExtremeMix Trickle 3.0
ExtremeMix Wall 3.0
ExtremeMix Wall Coverflow TW 3.0
All the Themes work well with both movies in individual folders using the dummy file method or all the movies in same folder using the moviename.jpg method.
Please pay note in particular to point 10 re using the Ratings ^ trick to get the moviesheet to show first when using the dummy file structure.
The whole Moviesheet concept is based around using your own generated custom moviesheets, for that i recommend using Thumbgen
1. Make sure Library Mode is switched on the Hub and you have either used the built in scraper or and manually created your xml files
2. Create your custom folder.jpg and moviename.jpg using Thumbgen
3. Also create your standard moviesheet at the same time with Thumbgen the moviesheet should be named as follows:-
moviename.mkv ------> moviename.mkv_sheet.jpg
(This will allow your moviesheet to be compatible with BOTH the Hub and the Live media players.)
4. Create a dummy movie file to trigger the moviesheet, the dummy file should be named as follows:-
moviename.mkv -------> moviename.mkv_sheet.mkv
(Just create a blank Text document and rename as above)
5. The Trick is that the hub is overlaying the thumbnail over the complete screen when you enter the folder (the hub will NOT downgrade the quality of the moviename.jpg as opposed to resizing the folder.jpg)
6. This Theme will work with BOTH moviesheet or Metadata, if you have don’t use moviesheets you can still use the theme and the metadata will show.
7. It is worth noting that if you run the built in scraper to rescan the info on a movie it will overwrite your custom moviename coverbox with the original vanilla version, HOWEVER this is not a big deal as you could use this anyway, or just make the coverbox again with Thumbgen.
8. I suggest that it is best to browse using Folders rather than ALL use the Green button on the Remote to choose the view. It will be possible to browse using ALL if the moviesheet allows transparency at the bottom or the theme is redone to take this into consideration.
9. The jpg should be 1280x720 in size (this is standard for most thumbgen templates)
10. To solve the issue of the Moviesheet not showing immediately when you enter a folder
In The Menu, Press the Green Button to get the Filter and Sorting Menu.
Gotto Sorting -----> Ratings -------> Choose the ^ arrow and press ok
This will filter by Ratings and as the Moviesheet as no ratings it will always show first !!!
Alternatively a better but more time consuming method is to Rate your Moviesheet as 5 stars
Then In The Menu, Press the Green Button to get the Filter and Sorting Menu.
Gotto Sorting -----> Ratings -------> Choose the v arrow and press ok
This will filter by Ratings and as the Moviesheet has the highest ratings it will always show first !!!
11. In the Menu goto Setup----> Video Settings -----> Video Playback Sequence
Change to Normal
This will bounce it from the dummy file to the main movie…
Means you can press ‘PLAY’ using the Hub’s remote whilst on the moviesheet and the movie starts playing !!!
Note use ‘Play’ button and NOT ‘Enter’ button.
12. Goto to Setup ------> Audio/Video Output -------> Video Output
HDMI>>Auto>>Auto>>Yes for auto frame rate
You should find the UI on the Hub will become turbo charged now compared to before …
CREDIT goes to PychoTHC as the theme is mainly based on his Anodized theme
CREDIT also goes to juliojs, lilibabe, zballz, Hell3ond, Tinwarble, Bradl79 and firetix for their work on the themes and custom views, this theme is mainly a Mix of all of the work of the real themers above, with a little bit of my work thrown in on top.
CREDIT goes to Jumbalaya for the amazing blue background
CREDIT also goes to Thumbgen as his program makes all the amazing moviesheets possible