ExtremeMix Coverflow and Sheet 4.0 Themes

Hi Guys, i finally got around to doing a small update…

For now its just my coverflow and sheet themes to get worked on…

http://www.mediafire.com/?d807onzesmddvzq 

This is a moviesheet theme based on using local backdrops. This is written with the latest firmware in mind however there is currently no rss option in the home menu… Also new firmware warning doesnt show (to be worked on)

Special thanks goes to PyschoTHC, juliojs, Firetix, Tinwarble, JoeySmyth, DeVicious, architectonic, Helll3ond,
zballz, Bradl79, lilibabe, Jumbalaya, zamzickles and Thumbgen

Credit for the home screen idea goes to JoeySmyth thank you

Hope you guys enjoy…

4 Likes

download link added to first post

As mentioned this theme uses local backdrops to show moviesheets.

This has been covered in detail previously. But in summary use Thumbgen to create your moviesheet, and make sure the link is in the xml.

There is a slight delay for the backdrop to load but it is much faster with the newest firmware.

I have my media in separate folders where the moviesheet loads when you enter the folder,

If you use this method use my Coverflow Theme

But if all your movies are in the same folder, and please use my Sheet Theme

You can use ANY moviesheet template with these themes… Enjoy

Hi Guys i have updated the download link on the first post to now include both my Coverflow and Sheet Themes

I have also include Test folders for both themes so you can see how the theme works.

Hope this helps

I’ve been patiently waiting for your return to themeing. I’ve been using your 2.5 with TW’s music mods and some other tweaks to keep up with the firmware changes.

I’m quite pleased with the latest theme. Got it installed and running great. Is there a way, to get Thumgen to not generate the list of thumbs and backgrounds and generate possibly the movie.jpg or movie.m2ts_sheet.jpg as THE background ? By the way, do you remember the link for:

“As mentioned this theme uses local backdrops to show moviesheets.”

Hi zamzickles, thanks for your kind words.

I hope you like…

Yes its a big change of method for displaying moviesheets, i been using this for a while now but i finally got around to release…

Yes the movie.jpg can be the backdrop in fact it can be named anything as long as the xml points to it

Here you go:-

Use the option ----> ‘store links to moviesheets’, for Thumbgen to automatically do the work for you or manually edit your old xmls…

I know alot of work editing your old xml and the local backdrops method not as fast as the orginal moviesheet trick, but once you get used to it, it works alot easier i think. Hence why i included a test folder.

The xml should look something like this

movie.mkv_sheet.jpg
  folder.jpg
  movie.jpg

So i suggest the following structure.

movie.mkv                      ----------------->  Movie

movie.jpg                        ----------------->   Thumbnail

movie.mkv_sheet.jpg   ------------------>   The Moviesheet

folder.jpg                         ------------------>    Folder Thumbnail               

movie.xml                       -------------------->   Metadata

Hello, great job
Is there any way to make it display the information. Xml files and display the moviesheets in the background, as the theme Darklight?
I Made all my moviesheets Darklight for using the templates that come with the theme and wanted to use them in his beautiful work, is it possible?

I totally love it, the start menu is great and it got a very friendly feel to it. :heart:

Hello Dariod, thank you for your comments…

I used to cater for both xml and moviesheets but removed to focus on just moviesheets this version.

You can edit the rv_gallery_browse_page.xml and add this after the  entry in the xml 

Alternatively you can also use the metadata from TW darklight theme it may need some adjustment…

I hope that helps

1 Like

Coming from you DeVicious that is high praise indeed…thank you

I think you have done far more with your theme than i ever imagined so i am looking forward to Black Mamba…

Yes i decided to go for the friendly feel to my theme thats why local backdrops chosen as moviesheets that way you are free to use any moviesheet you want to use.

Thanks for your help. Everything is now done automatically by TG. I followed your lead and figured out the EXPORT IMAGES  so that editing each xml isn’t required. ( Under Options → Export Images → Background → Export image to → $M$N$E_sheet ). This produces the following lines in the xml file.

Alexander Payne
  Fox Searchlight Pictures / Ad Hominem Enterprises
  <backdrop>Descendants.m2ts_sheet.jpg</backdrop>

Descendants.m2ts

Now, if we could do something about the background load delay, it would be  full sized, any way you like it, moviesheet nirvana. I tried to merge JoeySmyth’s  Some Alternate ‘Home Screens’ for Hub/SMP

with your theme, but had problems with background image after the menu page.

Anyway, it’s a great theme as it is. Thanks for your work !

P.S. It would be awesome if TW could do one of his old collaborations and put his Music backend on it.

Hi Zamzickes…

Yes i edited the rv_home.xml in my theme to make the home background picture rv_home.jpg

i am currently playing around with the blue and red backgrounds myself

if you wanted to go ‘blue’ then you have to replace RV-BG.jpg and rv_home.jpg in the images folder

Alternatively just replace the stuff in the images folder from that link and that should do the trick

Hope that helps

Hi Zamzickes…

Re the delay in backdrop loading what firmware are you using btw the latest firmware greatly reduces load time.

extremedigital wrote:

Hello Dariod, thank you for your comments…

I used to cater for both xml and moviesheets but removed to focus on just moviesheets this version.

You can edit the rv_gallery_browse_page.xml and add this after the  entry in the xml 

Alternatively you can also use the metadata from TW darklight theme it may need some adjustment…

Hello, I made the changes, hit the sizes, the text is right in the hub, but he does not display the text along with the moviesheet, first it displays only the text, then it displays the moviesheet without the text, you know why this happens?

Hello Dariod, depends on which version of the theme you are using....

The coverflow version has the moviesheet cover everything inc icons but the sheet version has the moviesheet before the icons...

my mistake the metadata should have been after the backdrop

replace the code in rv_gallery_browse_page.xml for the sheet theme with this:----

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<page background="./image/RV-BG.jpg">

<image image="image/keyboard_mask_bg.png" x="0" y="0" w="1280" h="720" bg="1" disable="@@disable-thumbnail-bg"/>
<image image="image/Gallery/video_browse_gallery_overlay.png" x="0" y="0" w="1280" h="720" bg="1"/>

<ctrlgrp>
<include filename="./rv_multi_edit_ctrls.xml"/>
<include filename="./rv_browse_common_ctrls.xml"/>
<linebreak/>
<listbox valkey="browselist" move="row" cols="7" rows="1" lbmask="ud" loop_scroll="1" turbo_trigger="35" turbo_multi="35" autoenter="1" fixed_scrolling_col="3" hormove="1" />
</ctrlgrp>

<!--moviename -->
<text x="0" y="5" align="hcenter" w="1280" h="100" text="@@browse_text" fontsize="50" textcolor="0xffffff" speed="1" delay="2"/>

<!--arrows -->
<image image="@@metadata_left_arrow" x="10" y="650" w="39" h="53" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="75"/>
<image image="@@metadata_right_arrow" x="1200" y="650" w="39" h="53" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="75"/>

<!--favorite and ratings -->
<image image="@@favorite" x="30" y="25" w="23" h="21" align="hcenter"/>
<image image="@@rating" x="60" y="25" w="124" h="21" align="hcenter"/>

<widgetghost valkey="marquee" x="29" y="448" w="1226" h="186" ctrlname="browselist" step="10">

<!--thumbnail bg -->
<wrapper y="471" w="122" h="169" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100" selected_scale="100">
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_0" x="143" active="@@act-browselist-0" disable="@@bg_disable_0"/>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_1" x="289" active="@@act-browselist-1" disable="@@bg_disable_1"/>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_2" x="435" active="@@act-browselist-2" disable="@@bg_disable_2"/>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_3" x="581" active="@@act-browselist-3" disable="@@bg_disable_3"/>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_4" x="727" active="@@act-browselist-4" disable="@@bg_disable_4"/>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_5" x="873" active="@@act-browselist-5" disable="@@bg_disable_5"/>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_6" x="1020" active="@@act-browselist-6" disable="@@bg_disable_6"/>
</wrapper>

<!--thumbnail bg_f -->
<wrapper y="463" w="134" h="187" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100" selected_scale="100">
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_0" x="137" active="@@act-browselist-0" disable="@@bg_f_disable_0"/>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_1" x="283" active="@@act-browselist-1" disable="@@bg_f_disable_1"/>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_2" x="429" active="@@act-browselist-2" disable="@@bg_f_disable_2"/>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_3" x="575" active="@@act-browselist-3" disable="@@bg_f_disable_3"/>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_4" x="721" active="@@act-browselist-4" disable="@@bg_f_disable_4"/>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_5" x="867" active="@@act-browselist-5" disable="@@bg_f_disable_5"/>
<image image="@@rv_browse_page_bg_6" x="1013" active="@@act-browselist-6" disable="@@bg_f_disable_6"/>
</wrapper>

<!--selected item-->
<wrapper y="456" w="150" h="190" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100" selected_scale="100">
<image image="@@checked_0" x="143" active="@@act-browselist-0"/>
<image image="@@checked_1" x="289" active="@@act-browselist-1"/>
<image image="@@checked_2" x="435" active="@@act-browselist-2"/>
<image image="@@checked_3" x="581" active="@@act-browselist-3"/>
<image image="@@checked_4" x="727" active="@@act-browselist-4"/>
<image image="@@checked_5" x="873" active="@@act-browselist-5"/>
<image image="@@checked_6" x="1020" active="@@act-browselist-6"/>
</wrapper>

<image image="@@preview_rect_image" default_image="@@default_preview_rect_image" x="0" y="0" w="1280" h="720" textcolor="@@preview_rect_color" keycolor="1" ignore_keycolor="1" bg="1"/>

<!--metadata -->
<text x="64" y="113" w="300" h="30" text="@@director" fontsize="24" textcolor="0xffffff" align="left" />
<text x="64" y="153" w="380" h="30" text="@@year" fontsize="24" textcolor="0xffffff" align="left" />
<text x="64" y="193" w="380" h="30" text="@@totaltime" fontsize="24" textcolor="0xffffff" align="left" />
<text x="64" y="233" w="580" h="30" text="@@genre" fontsize="24" textcolor="0xffffff" align="left" />
<text x="64" y="273" w="440" h="180" text="@@actor" fontsize="24" numlines="8" linespacing="1" textcolor="0xffffff" align="left" />
<text x="800" y="113" w="440" h="380" text="@@overview" fontsize="24" numlines="19" linespacing="1" textcolor="0xffffff" align="left" />

<!--thumbnail -->
<wrapper y="460" w="114" h="161" align="hcenter" scale="100" scale_type="fixratio" selected_scale="100">
<image name="th0" image="@@browse_0_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_0" x="147" active="@@act-browselist-0" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_0"/>
<image name="th1" image="@@browse_1_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_1" x="293" active="@@act-browselist-1" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_1"/>
<image name="th2" image="@@browse_2_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_2" x="439" active="@@act-browselist-2" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_2"/>
<image name="th3" image="@@browse_3_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_3" x="585" active="@@act-browselist-3" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_3"/>
<image name="th4" image="@@browse_4_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_4" x="731" active="@@act-browselist-4" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_4"/>
<image name="th5" image="@@browse_5_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_5" x="877" active="@@act-browselist-5" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_5"/>
<image name="th6" image="@@browse_6_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_6" x="1023" active="@@act-browselist-6" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_6"/>
</wrapper>

<!--thumbnaili_f -->
<wrapper y="452" w="150" h="190" align="hcenter" scale="100" scale_type="fixratio" selected_scale="100">
<image name="th0_f" image="@@browse_0_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_0" x="141" active="@@act-browselist-0" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_0"/>
<image name="th1_f" image="@@browse_1_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_1" x="287" active="@@act-browselist-1" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_1"/>
<image name="th2_f" image="@@browse_2_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_2" x="433" active="@@act-browselist-2" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_2"/>
<image name="th3_f" image="@@browse_3_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_3" x="579" active="@@act-browselist-3" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_3"/>
<image name="th4_f" image="@@browse_4_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_4" x="725" active="@@act-browselist-4" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_4"/>
<image name="th5_f" image="@@browse_5_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_5" x="871" active="@@act-browselist-5" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_5"/>
<image name="th6_f" image="@@browse_6_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_6" x="1018" active="@@act-browselist-6" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_6"/>
</wrapper>

<!--folder thumbnail -->
<wrapper y="460" w="114" h="161" align="hcenter" scale="100" scale_type="fixratio" selected_scale="100">
<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th0" default_image="@@thumb_folder_0_default_image" x="147" active="@@act-browselist-0" disable="@@folder_disable_0"/>
<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th1" default_image="@@thumb_folder_1_default_image" x="293" active="@@act-browselist-1" disable="@@folder_disable_1"/>
<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th2" default_image="@@thumb_folder_2_default_image" x="439" active="@@act-browselist-2" disable="@@folder_disable_2"/>
<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th3" default_image="@@thumb_folder_3_default_image" x="585" active="@@act-browselist-3" disable="@@folder_disable_3"/>
<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th4" default_image="@@thumb_folder_4_default_image" x="731" active="@@act-browselist-4" disable="@@folder_disable_4"/>
<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th5" default_image="@@thumb_folder_5_default_image" x="877" active="@@act-browselist-5" disable="@@folder_disable_5"/>
<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th6" default_image="@@thumb_folder_6_default_image" x="1023" active="@@act-browselist-6" disable="@@folder_disable_6"/>
</wrapper>

<wrapper y="452" w="126" h="179" align="hcenter" scale="100" scale_type="fixratio" selected_scale="100">
<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th0" default_image="@@thumb_folder_0_default_image" x="141" active="@@act-browselist-0" disable="@@folder_f_disable_0"/>
<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th1" default_image="@@thumb_folder_1_default_image" x="287" active="@@act-browselist-1" disable="@@folder_f_disable_1"/>
<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th2" default_image="@@thumb_folder_2_default_image" x="433" active="@@act-browselist-2" disable="@@folder_f_disable_2"/>
<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th3" default_image="@@thumb_folder_3_default_image" x="579" active="@@act-browselist-3" disable="@@folder_f_disable_3"/>
<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th4" default_image="@@thumb_folder_4_default_image" x="725" active="@@act-browselist-4" disable="@@folder_f_disable_4"/>
<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th5" default_image="@@thumb_folder_5_default_image" x="871" active="@@act-browselist-5" disable="@@folder_f_disable_5"/>
<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th6" default_image="@@thumb_folder_6_default_image" x="1018" active="@@act-browselist-6" disable="@@folder_f_disable_6"/>
</wrapper>

<!--focus -->
<wrapper y="448" w="160" h="205" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100" selected_scale="100">
<image image="@@frame_0" x="137"/>
<image image="@@frame_1" x="283"/>
<image image="@@frame_2" x="429"/>
<image image="@@frame_3" x="575"/>
<image image="@@frame_4" x="721"/>
<image image="@@frame_5" x="867"/>
<image image="@@frame_6" x="1013"/>
</wrapper>

</widgetghost>
<image image="@@bg-PIP_ZOOM" x="620" y="250" w="49" h="42" disable="@@disable-PIP_ZOOM" active="@@act-PIP_ZOOM"/>
<image image="@@play_stat" x="787" y="406" w="35" h="40"/>
<image image="@@speed_stat" x="823" y="414" w="39" h="21"/>

<text x="450" y="160" w="372" h="26" text="@@text-options" fontsize="24" textcolor="0x07b5ff" align="hcenter" disable="@@disable-text-options"/>
<include filename="./rv_multi_edit_widgets_for_gallery.xml"/>
<include filename="./rv_browse_common_widgets_new.xml"/>
<include filename="./inc_loading.xml"/>
<include filename="./decoration.xml"/>
</page>

That should work now

Quick find !!!

I have had media library turned off for a while now, but i turned it back to run a test…

Basically good news for me finally a reason to use media library, I am a tidy freak with my media and have my movies in their own individual folders, which meant i couldn’t see the moviesheets or metadata for the folder level…

Well i had long forgotten the ‘All’ filter (green button which only works if you have the library turned on due to some nasty side effects with my old method moviesheets…

BUT with local backdrops it works PERFECTLY… meaning instant moviesheets without having to go into the folder…

It also works for networked folders added to the media library…

Also found that by changing the Slide Transition mode in the Photo Setting menu to ‘Normal’ this helped to reduce load times…

BTW this trick also worked in other themes eg DeVicious which uses the same moviesheet method as mine…

Btw this was all done with firmware 3.03.13