Extremely slow on laptop

Hi again,

As I mentioned in my other post, I just got myself a brand new WD My Cloud 3TB. I already connected it to 3 PCs, but one PC seems to suffer under VERY, and I mean VERY slow connection. I literally can’t upload/download anything from/to the Cloud, even browsing the Cloud is not possible. Sometimes when I open up the Cloud from My Computer it literally loads several minutes before opening. I tried to load my pictures onto the Cloud and it gave me brain cancer - maximum of 300KB/s, most of the time loading froze (it loaded for like 10 seconds, then froze for 2 minutes then loaded for 10 seconds and on and on…) and finally I couln’t load over 3-4 files, because an error occured. There’s two screenshots about the speed and the error below.
The Cloud works fine on my main PC, but this thing happens on my laptop. Please help me fix this, I really need to use the Cloud from my laptop but I can’t!!
11910891_932813370124751_629549840_n.jpg

11925932_932813376791417_129193148_n.jpg

I already connected it to 3 PCs, but one PC seems to suffer under VERY, and I mean VERY slow connection.

If it works with all your other computers, but not with the laptop, then you have a problem with the laptop, not the MyCloud.

Are you connecting via ethernet cable, or via WiFi?

If cable, what type of cable, and how long?

What Ethernet do you have on the laptop? 100Mbps or Gigabit?

What data rate do you get if you run Speedtest on your laptop (accessing the internet)? Normally, your broadband connection would be the likely limit, but since you’re reporting speeds of 300KB/s (I assume you mean bytes), it’s likely your broadband will be faster. If you get about 3Mbps download rate on Speedtest (and you normal download rate is, say 10Mbps), then you need to look at your laptop’s ethernet port as the culprit.

1 Like