External WD storage attached to WDTV stopped showing on Windows 10 Network

Hello, I am having the same problem. I have a wdtvlive with a wd my passport external storage attached to it. Until last week, I could connect via my windows 10 file system to the my passport and transfer files there. Now for some reason, I see the wdtv icon on my networking window, but the my passport is no longer showing. I didn’t change anything, I have windows 10 home and it is really a pain to have to connect the external drive to my pc every time I want to transfer files. I know it is possible to watch content the other way around, from wdtv connecting to my pc, but I prefer to attach an external device to the wdtv as a source of content because the quality is better. Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this issue? Many thanks! Actually I think what I have is WD TV Live Streaming Media Player.

No one knows how to solve this? :frowning:

Please please help - I am only seeing guides on how to stream files from my computer directly to WDTV - that’s not what I want to do, I have an external My Passport hard disk connected to the wdtv and I want to transfer my files there using windows explorer. I was able to do this until some time ago, now I only see the wdtv icon on network but I no longer see the My Passport that is connected to it displayed in the network map. What do I do to make it come back?