External hard drive not to see in Finder

In high Os Sierra I connected an external hard drive on the USB port on the back of the WD My Cloud for extra storage. In Finder I see standing under shared WdCloud, but when I click on it I only see the folders Smartware and public but not the external hard drive. In this way I can not access it via this route.

Have you looked at the User Manual Ch. 12?

Yes I did.

Access the My Cloud Dashboard and check the USB status icon at the top of the web page to see if the USB drive is attached.

My Cloud Dashboard USB status icon:
mycloudusbicon

If it does not indicate an attached drive then check the USB hard drive to ensure it is formatted in a format supported by the My Cloud. See the following WD Knowledgebase article on supported external USB hard drive formats the My Cloud supports.

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=15124

If the USB drive is seen by the USB status icon then one can access the Share page to see if the USB drive is showing up as a Share. If it is you can configure media server access and public/private access to that Share.

Thanks. The problem is solved.

How?

I formatted the hard disk again.

Now I do not understand anymore. At first I thought I had solved it, but now get the message: The operation can not be completed because the original part of “Simole Drive_III_by_Hitachi_2” can not be found.