External Hard Drive giving me an error

Hi,

I still can’t find a fix to my problem. I formatted my 2TB My Book Essential for my macbook pro. Recently, in hopes of using it on both platforms, I tried to use it on my PC and assigned a letter drive to the external but that didn’t work.

However, now the external hard drive doesn’t work on either platforms. When I plug it into my macbook I get this following error: “This disk doesn’t contain an EFI system partition. If you want to start up your computer with this disk or include it in a RAID set, back up your data and partition this disk.”

I have 2 years worth of files on this and I can’t access it on either my PC or my macbook… is there anyway of getting this to work on either computer without losing access to my files?

Last time I posted this someone gave me basic information on reformatting my hard drive but I’m just looking for a way to recover my files right now! A simple way to get access to the files currently on the hard drive on either platform would be fine.

You can try using a data recovery application.

If you search online you’ll be able to find many utilities for both operating systems.