External connection filed with Lion OSX

My External HD Studio for Mac is attached to an Airport Extreme router and I use to connect with my MacBook Pro from outside with other network using the AFP protocol, but since I upgrade to Lion OSX I get this massage:

There was a problem connecting to the server “XX.XXX.XXX.XXX”.

The server may not exist or it is unavailable at this time. Check the server name or IP address, check your network connection, and then try again.

I have heard the problem could be with the new security Apple change in this protocol and I would like to  know if there is an other WD firmware update that can help to hace a solution for this problem

Thanks

Josef

:mansad:

This issue is not with the external drive but with Lion, as you stated they make some really smart change to the network code ( o-o ). No firmware update for this drive will help with this specific situation.

Thanks any way for your answer but still a question. Do you know about other option to solve my problem?

Josef :cry:

I found this discussion about the problem posted here and I think it will be good to have a look:

http://www.gizmojunkee.com/2011/07/os-x-lion-uses-new-netatalk-version-2-2-causing-nas-drives-to-be-incompatible/

Pleas let me know what you think about it

Thanks

Josef