Extending yprpb cable

I have 2 WD TV Live hooked to my network and tv’s.  Everything so far works fine with the exception of some minor issues.  My problem is with connecting to an older projection tv.  It does not have HDMI only YPrPb but does have 1080i output with the WD TV Live.  Because the case is very large and the supplied cable is to short to extend to where my other equipment  I purchased a short (3ft) YPrPb cable and some gold plated connectors to extend the factory cable.  With only the WD supplied cable it works fine with the extension it either shows up with a green tint or not at all.  I have tested the cables for continuity they are fine.  Is this a low power problem that can be corrected with some kind of in line booster or??.   Anyone solved this problem?

simisamoa wrote:

I have 2 WD TV Live hooked to my network and tv’s.  Everything so far works fine with the exception of some minor issues.  My problem is with connecting to an older projection tv.  It does not have HDMI only YPrPb but does have 1080i output with the WD TV Live.  Because the case is very large and the supplied cable is to short to extend to where my other equipment  I purchased a short (3ft) YPrPb cable and some gold plated connectors to extend the factory cable.  With only the WD supplied cable it works fine with the extension it either shows up with a green tint or not at all.  I have tested the cables for continuity they are fine.  Is this a low power problem that can be corrected with some kind of in line booster or??.   Anyone solved this problem?

I don’t believe that a 3ft extension would need any boosting. I would have to go with the obvious, there is something wrong with your new extension lead or connectors.

Are your gold plated connectors female back to back connectors.

I assume that your extension lead has the normal red, green and blue plugs at both ends.

I assume that you have connected to the correct output on the WDTV. Its easy to plug into the composite output in error.

Try plugging in just the green (Y) and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestions, yes the connectors are dbl female and the ext std r/b/g coded.  The problem is resolved but I don’t know why.  Took  you suggestion and disconnected all but the green I then received a black video square but no logo and no color.  I then reconnected the red and blue turned it on and it began working.  Gremlins I suppose.  Thanks again