Hello, and greetings to all the forum , I’m Italian and sorry for my bad English . I am going to buy a WD TV . I would have just a couple of questions :
i want use WD TV with a Hard -Disk WD Elements Portable 500GB from ; the precise model is: WDBUZG5000ABK and a samsung soundbar .
Now the question arises :
- Will recognize my model of Hard- Disk?
- With a TV with Soundbar , HDMI cable and / or optical cable , as to be connected ?
- The WD TV has a system to download posters, textures, rewiew etc. … like xbmc ? The download in Italian ?
- And if i put In ad Out some time the HD (WD Elements , which I update continually with new film) the WD TV download every time the posters again or only updates the files it finds new ?
- They told me that it is rather slow to recognize the hardisk ( how slow then ?), But from what I understand you can also avoid this “check” ?
- To date in October 2014 , the WD TV can read all the movie files? (Obviously not talking about a 4k, but I hope at least all MKV movies , because I buy it mainly to see those kind of MKV not seen on tv )
I forgot one question:
You can use it if you are not connected to the Internet? The first time I can also use it , but the next time I want to leave it unplugged, maybe connect it only when I have to download any covers or information (as long as you can do, see question above)
Thanks to all who can help me …