Expensive paperweight

I have never purchased anything that has frustrated me as much as the PR2100. I have had it for a few months now, I bought it to back up and access my photography. From day one, I have not been able to use it. I have posted a few questions to the user boards and got a response that I appreciated, but didn’t help. I have chatted with WD support and all they can do is send me links on the user manuals and set up instructions. I have reset it 6 or 7 times, gone through the setup menu every time. Mapped the drive every time, but when I click on those folders, it says Zero bytes. I was able to access it once through MyCloud.com, but never again. On occasion, I can see on mycloudpr2100.local that there is about 4TB of data on the drive, I just can’t use it or access it. WTF do people do with these? There isn’t any customer support. I effing hate this thing

I have a more user friendly version if you would like to trade let me know, I currently have My Book Duo. With 2x4tb wd red, Wd MyCloud EX2/ Ultra/ DS216SE/ Yes Synology, I think you would have fun with the DS216SE. Very basic. I can loan you it, let me know.

I just bought one of these and I’m equally as frustrated as you. The set up instructions are hopeless. I can’t even access the folders from Windows Explorer. When i double click the device, it sends me to a page on the internet.

It’s probably me just not understanding NAS’s but they could have made it easier - I’m doing something fundamentally wrong but there’s zero help to fix it. I followed the instructions in the manual and it simply doesn’t work like that. Too much has been assumed about setting it up before the manual kicks in.

I figure I just flushed $700 down the toilet. My data is on there, I just can’t access it… Worst tech purchase I’ve made.

Thanks for the reply. I just gave up and haven’t checked back in a long time. To be honest, I really have no interest in another WD product. I am looking at this purchase as if I just flushed $700 down the toilet. I just have to figure out how to get my data off my paperweight and move on.