Excellent RMA experience..... NOT

Wow. Just wow.

Bought an SN550 SSD, turns out it was the one with the crippled cache that bombs performance on sustained writes. RMA’d it, paid a fortune to send it back to WD, after lots of emails etc back and forth, eventually they agree to replace the SN550 with an SN750. Great!

Guess what arrives today, a month or so after raising the RMA? Yep, an SN550 with the same crippled flash.

I think my next drive purchase will be from a company that (a) doesn’t change specs without informing customers and (b) has an RMA process that actually works, and people talk to each other. One of the most amusing parts of this was that they asked for a sysinfo extract from my PC, the same PC which no longer has the SSD in as it was in their possession at the time. Unreal.

In the meantime WD, if you want to at least gain some respect back, please expedite the sending out of the correct drive and arrange the pickup of this one at the same time as I am not paying to send this back again for your mistake.

JD

A 4 month hard drive was denied an RMA. Drive was registered by their Customer Service because I could not register it and it still was denied !!! NO MORE WD PRODUCTS FOR ME !!!

Here we are, 2nd December, and still no drive. Instead WD have taken to ignoring any requests for an update placed on the RMA incident. I rang them and spoke to one of their guys who sounded like he was fed up himself, have had the usual apologies for the delay and told it will be escalated to a manager, basically the same ■■■■ as before. Not holding out much hope of getting a replacement drive so I have a feeling the next route will be via the small claims court. Just hope my “advance RMA” (which pre-supposes I get a drive before returning my existing one), doesn’t auto expire as it’s now been open for 30 days…

In case anyone from WD is reading, my RMA number is 60146362 and I would really appreciate getting the 1TB WD Black SSD drive I have been promised - the annoying thing is I can go onto the WD online store and order one for delivery within a couple of days, so why don’t you just pull one from the stock there?

Seriously, I would advise anyone even considering buying WD - don’t. I used to be an advocate for their products, but nowadays their stuff is unreliable, over-priced, subject to massive changes in specification which impair performance and no notification given to the customer, their support is truly dire. Just don’t do it, go to the competitors instead - NOONE is as bad as these guys.

JD