Exceeded share directory monitor resource limit

frasefrase wrote:

Could something be wrong with the drive?

Software-wise, yeah, probably (but it’s not unique to your drive.)  In other words, replacing it with a new one won’t do you any good.

Try DISABLING the Media Serving function on every share.  (Don’t turn off the media server, if you do that, you won’t be able to access the Twonky settings at all.)

Then go make the changes.

Then turn Media Serving back on the shares.

Ok, just trying to disable, but the operation keeps timing out…Will reply once I get it. Thanks for the help

So I made the changes you suggested, but I now receive an error message ‘media server database internal server error 400162’ - screen grab attached.

Before doing the workaround you suggested, I did try putting the media server off on each share, then back on and letting twonky rescan. It picked up all my music fine and I could stream to my TV, but it started to scan all my photos and then hung. I had to pull the power in order to access the drive again. Any thoughts? Cheers

I have applied the latest firmware 04. After a few days, the scanner still has an incomplete status as before. But the settings page correctly reports numbers of media files. See attached snips.

Hans

Just to update this thread, I seem to have resolved the issue with the number of directories.

Here’s what I did…

1. Went into Twonky setting page and changed the scanning interval to zero

2. Turned off media serving on all my shares, but left media streaming on

3. Turned media serving back on one share at a time. After the scan had completed and the green tick was there under Content Scan Status, I turned media serving on on the next share and rescanned

4. I watched each time I rescanned and an error would pop up every so often. The error said 'Your last operation timed out. Make sure there are no network connectivity issues and try again (200001) Get_media_server_database_undefined

5. I just hit ok each time this appeared and it kept scanning

Now all my media is on the My Cloud and streaming to all my devices over DNLA. Not tried adding new files yet, so will see what happens when I need to rescan for that.

Hopefully this helps if anyone is having the same issue

After 2 weeks of fustration this is what I understand it’s the # of Folders not the number of Items. 

Example I have 25,000 pictures in a folder arrangement by date taken example > Photos>Year>Month>Day  thats a possable folder count of 365 folders a year and I have photos going back to the 1800’s.

Next I have Music about 13,000 MP3 arranged by Music>Artist>Album 

and we have home video arrange by the date take like photos going back to 1988. 

I Exceeded the 5000 folder count big time!!! and got the Event code:2300 for my trouble. 

By the way I couldn’t find any Event code listing in any documents. Not good. 

Note I had all this info in the Public area of my Seagate NAS 440 along with all my ebooks (11,000) by Author>Book Title.

WD Should publish the Event Codes and the fixes. Also they should fix this one.  Note unreasonable that one would have more that 5000 folders…