EX4100 Drive Failed in Empty Bay

I keep getting notified of drive failure in bays 3 and 4. I currently only have drives in bays 1 and 2. The unit does not show a light on bays 3 or 4, firmware 2.11.133. Any ideas what would be causing the repeated errors? I have rebooted several times and the errors reoccur.

Hello,

Have you tried moving the drives to the other bays to see if it does the same?

Also have you tried a physical reset?

Hi, I’m sorry for reviving this topic again, but I have the exact same issue. Since Jim_Brown hasn’t replied to your solution, I’m not sure if it helped.

In short:
I configured my WD My Cloud EX4100 with two 8 TB HDD’s to RAID 1, bays 3 and 4 are not occupied. Nor have I tried to reset the NAS.

• will placing the disks from bays 1 and 2 to bays 3 and 4 or resetting the NAS affect the data?

I’ve had my EX4100 about a year now and I just received a similar email for the first time. I have no drives in bay 3 or 4. The NAS was in standby and was just spinning up at the time so…

I’m getting the same issue:
wd mycloud ex4100
Firmware: 2.21.126
Drive in 1 and 2 and getting failure’s for 3 and 4 when there is no drive in there.

I am facing the same issue as well on my EX4100.

“Drive failed in Bay 3. Replace the failed drive. Contact WD support Code 201”
“Drive failed in Bay 4. Replace the failed drive. Contact WD support Code 201”

Currently no drive is installed in Bay 3 & 4

I have EXACTLY the same problem … buy my EX4100 only two weeks ago and throws me an error CODE: 201 in bay 4 …: /

So there is no solution? Can anybody help me? i have exactly same problem… i use just 1 one bay. But i get always 201 error about 2-3-4 bays.

Hi! The same situation with my EX4100 with two 4TB drives installed into 1 and 2 bays. Support requested several configuration files but still cannot do anything. Has anybody resolved the issue?

Mike

Hello! Excactly the same situation with my EX4100 with two 4TB drives installed into 1 and 2 bays.
Jens

Following events are generated on your WDMyCloudEX4100.

Event title:Drive Failed

Event description:Drive failed in Bay 3. Replace the failed drive. Contact WD Support.

Severity:critical

Event code:0201

Event time:08-15-2018 01:12:06 AM

Firmware version: 2.30.193

I started getting this error after the latest firmware update.
No physical drives in bay 3 and 4. Bays 1 & 2 have each 4tb drives set to spanning.

Help!

Same thing happened to me today. The WDEX4100 was automatically updated to 2.30.196 and after the reboot process the drive in bay 2 failed… Error code 201

I assume you’re using a RAID configuration. What works for me is pull the drive (hot) wait two minutes and put it back in it will overwrite as it rebuilds.