EX4100 - Create Share on a specific drive

Hello,

I am planning to buy EX4100 and would like to know is it possible to dedicate drives for different purposes in the following way -

Create Share ‘Home’ on Drive 1 for home usage
Create Share ‘Public-1’ on Drive 2 for public usage to share with friends
Create Share ‘Personal’ on Drive 3 for my own usage only.

Looking for above for two reasons
a) Want to keep the drives separately and don’t want to share data across drives.
b) When the specific drive is full … I would like replace only that one with new one.

Thanks
Kumar

Using the drives in the JBOD configuration will provide you with all your needs.

Thanks Timothy…

But I don’t see an option [as per the user guide] to select the specific drive when creating a new Share.

In above case if there is no option, how to map a Share to specific drive?

You would first have to into the storage menu and switch the drives to JBOD mode in order to have separate drive volumes for each individual drive. WARNING, changing the RIAD configuration will result in all data lost on the current RAID!!!

on a 4 disk setup I made 2 disk raid1 Vol-1 and the other 2 disks raid 1 Vol-2

I wanted to avoid JBOD

Had planed to backup each Vol to a different USB drive as our NAS has 2 USB-3 ports

A note : You can share the USB connected disk as well.

Very interesting that the answers all avoid answering the question! I have the same problem and have four drives in an EX4100. All are JBOD and I have created a share and mapped drive T:\ which I assume is on Volume_1 but have no real way of knowing that.

I have the same question that Kumar posted in 2016, and maybe I’ll find an answer elsewhere. But what I really wonder is why did everyone who responded answer a different question than the one that was asked?