EX4 / My book USB connection

Hi everyone, as I’ve read in other posts, people are having some problems connecting their WD My Book to WD EX 4 threw the usb port. In my case if I attach WD MB to build a back up I’m not able to connect outside my home network with my ex4. If I disconnect them…no issues.

Now my question, is there any drive that I can connect to my ex4 threw the usb port, that is known for not having problems? Is there any compatibility list of hard drives that could be attached to the ex4 with no known issues?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards

Hi and welcome to the WD Community.

I was able to find a list of supported formats that the USB Ports supports on the EX4.

• FAT/FAT32
  • NTFS (read and write capability)
  • HFS+J
  • Linux Ext2, Ext3/Ext4
  • XFS

Hi thanks for your answer.
Thing is that even if I format My Book using ntfs or fat 32 and connect the drive via USB port I’m still having problems. If I disconnect t the drive I can connect using 3G / lte with no issues otherwise the only way to connect is via wifi on my local network.
Ive read tha others had had the same problem so I was wondering if there is a hard disk compatibility list that I can connect via USB port.

Thanks

If anyone is interested, I was able to solve this issue.
An IT guy at my office asked me if the WD Mybook I had was an old one or a new one. According to his experience, old one took a lot energy from the usb port, so that might be the reason that it didn’t work.
I bought a new one…and problem solved!