EX4 iOS Apps Ignore Groups

On the next update of the iOS apps, please have them correctly access shares based on Group permissions.

The MyCloud app can only see shares based on User permissions.  If you have a Family group, and several users added to the Family, when you assign the Family group permission to a share, and not explicitly add the user permission, the MyCloud app cannot see the share.

I’m not even sure WHAT’S happening in the WD Photos app.  I can see all directories.  Not only my shares, but also deleted shares, lost+found (Recycle Bin), as well as Nas_Prog.  Why would it be able to see deleted shares unless the delete routine is not actually removing the directory but only removing the shared access to it?

The app finds a few photos here in there in various folders, but when I go into the directory that I actually have my 176GB of photos dragged over from Windows, it not only doesn’t see the photos, but the directories either.

Thanks

Hello,

You should post this on the Ideas Board.

http://community.wd.com/t5/Personal-Cloud-Ideas/idb-p/cloud_idea

Done.  Although this would technically be a bug.

Yeah it is indeed a technical issue. I had someone from WD call and chat with me about this and after I explained the issue and they insist I was doing it wrong and walked me through it step by step the end result was as I told them not working. He informed me he would call me back with a solution but never did.

Hopefully WD will fix this with a firmware update soon as it would be a nifty feature moving forward.

1. WD Photo from iOS shows all Shares and directories to all users, even if access is set as deny

It alls counts how many photos are in each directory

1. The acccess rights configuration seems to only apply to the content, so WD Photos can (correcclty ) only visualize the photos where access right include “read”

This is an invotation to Western Digital to quickly fix the bug 1.