EX4 Firmware Release 1.03.39 Issues & Comments

Just updated to 10.39 and have to say that it was a bit of a hassle with the fact that it updated fine and then showed no change, and I had to redo the update in which I was told to pull the power cord to finalize the update. However things are a tad better with this change. 

I love the new dashboard layout, but wish I could obtain access codes for devices outside of the nextwork through remote desktop access. This would have made things a lot easier when trying to connect individuals devices that are not my own. 

Second, group settings do not work still. I deleted my iphone access, and removed all my share access and then added a group with access but after re-adding my iphone it still didnt show any change. 

Can anyone explain this new oplock feature? 

Oplocks = Oportunistic Locs.

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/locking.html

It’s a bit complicated, as you can see… but on my NASes which support them, I use oplocks when I can because it does offer some performance improvements in certain cases.

I updated immediately to v1.03.39 

Here’s the issues I’m having:

1. The dashboard won’t save my Admin login credentials.  Called tech support and reset my EX4, problem still exists.

2. EX4 won’t go into standby mode.  I have the sleep mode enabled and tried toggling it but it hasn’t gone into standby mode since.

3. I’m switched into relay connection mode again.  Seriously, AGAIN?  Fortunately I can still access my data remotely unlike the last outage issue but why is it in relay mode to begin with?

1. The dashboard won’t save my Admin login credentials.

2. Front panel Power LED flashing RED  all the time (volume is degraded ???)

syncmaster wrote:

1. The dashboard won’t save my Admin login credentials.
  1. Front panel Power LED flashing RED  all the time (volume is degraded ???)

Hi guys, this issue is currently under investigation. 

Hello,

The Stand-by mode notification was removed in the new code ( 1.03.39 ) due to customer feedback about number of emails sent when unit goes on stand-by mode since this occurs often.  The devices are still entering the Stand-by state, but it just isn’t being communicated through an alert any longer.

Kazz why would they even have a stand-by mode if they don’t provide us a user defined stand-by mode delay setting? The purpose of a stand-by mode is to let the drives stop spinning when not in use to conserve power and drive life. I’m pretty sure it would be easy to incorporate a time delay option so we can choose how long after we last use the device before the drives to go into stand-by… 20mins, 30mins, 1, 2, 3, or 4 hours or never. I would set mine at 20mins. If I dont use my EX4 within 20mins I probably wont access it for hours. No point in the drives continuing to spin until the default stand-by mode kicks in.

This must be the only NAS device on the market without this standard feature and we’ve suggested it several times now here on this forum.