EX2 Ultra only shows web page, not public directory

I just set up a MyCloud EX2 Ultra with 2x10TB WD Red Pro disks in Raid1, and everything seemed to go fine. Windows 7 finds the drive on the network.

When I double-click, it takes me to the drive’s web page. There’s no option to go to the Public folder, which is enabled.

I also have an older EX2 with 2x4TB WD Red disks, and when I right-click, it lets me choose Open or View Device Webpage, but the Ultra only shows View Device Webpage.

When I first double-clicked, it opened a Drive Software Installation window and tried to update a driver from the web, with no success. I’m thinking this shouldn’t need a specific driver.

The setup is very simple - admin user with no password, no other users, no cloud access, Public is enabled. I just want a simple shared drive available on my local network. I don’t want to install all the WD software.

My older EX2 is set up about the same, and has worked fine for years.

Any thoughts on what I may have missed?

Hi MaxIcon,

You should try to map My Cloud EX2 Ultra on your computer which allows you to access Public folder along with the shares. You may refer below KBA to map My Cloud device on the same network: