EX2 Ultra not updating

I am having the same problem. Replaced the CR2032 battery and tried to download the latest firmware 5.21.104 after doing a full factory reset. No joy. Stuck downloading at 20% and can’t get beyond this.
Is this unit (mycloud ex2 ultra) actually fit or purpose? Has anyone succeeded in overcoming this problem? Help much appreciated

NOTE: I am not a network/IT expert but have been using NAS devices for 15 years. I don’t have the skills to go deeply into configuration steps but don’t feel I should have to. My old HP Homeserver using MS database software continues to deliver with excellent UI and does device backups daily with no problem. Why is this WD NAS so problem prone?

I just tried this and still stuck at 20%. Even with a new battery and both disks properly seated.

See my comments below.

The same problem as yours, previously discussed:

• List item

Update stucked at 20%.
Manual update says after 100% : update file not found
I have actually version 5.08.115 so it’s really time to update it

Please give some info here, if you already resolve this issue.

Thx

1 Like

Already tried to restart?

#WDUserRewards

Yes i try it, but there was no difference previously\afterwards.

Did you run some tests? System? Hard drives?
Sounds not too good.

#WDUserRewards

So in the end I was able to get the firmware updated. But I would not say I have a fix. I had given up as even removing battery and re installing it would not do the trick. But a few weeks ago it turned out that one of my disks was dying so I replaced it and sure enough once the new drive was installed firmware got updated.

I didnt run because it seems to be healthy. Should i? I add some screenshots, after changing the
Language to english (to understand it better, because previously was hungarian )

I’d run the tests quick Disk and System first.
Maybe then the full disk test.

#WDUserRewards

Have you opened a support case? For more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask 1

I am having exactly the same issue on EX2 ultra. Was anyone able to solve it? It’s been already few months I was not able to update the device. Moreover the devices is losing network conmection after some time (once a day, and not coming back alive). The only way to get it back online is unplug the electricty and do hard reset. I was hoping the firmware update would solve this issue, but no luck so far. Factory reset did not help either.

…no, and since las week i can not acces it via MyCloud Android App.