EX2 Ultra Drive Upgrade Procedure for Data Replication

I have the WD MyCloud Expert EX2 Ultra (OS 5) with drive capacity 2TB x 2.

I have purchased 10TB x 2 WD Red Pro NAS internal drives to allow for an array with good storage.

Currently, the configuration is a RAID volume (Volume_1) spanning with 3.92TB (3.49TB free).

What would be the procedure to ensure that the data on the original drives is migrated/copied to the new drives?

Example: Do I take one original 2TB drive out and put 1 new 10TB drive in and change the configuration RAID model to a NAS (so it copies the content to the new drive followed by replacing the second original 2TB drive when it is completed?)

Any help on correct procedure would be most appreciated.

Step 1 is a FULL backup of what you have now to an external disk.

Allow me to just cut paste

Concatenation or spanning of drives is not one of the numbered RAID levels, but it is a popular method for combining multiple physical disk drives into a single logical disk . It provides no data redundancy. Drives are merely concatenated together, end to beginning, so they appear to be a single large disk

I read this when i was thinking about doing almost the same - but ended up doing a mirror raid.

I am not talking about Raid 0 or spanning volumes. As I mentioned I have mirrored disks i.e. Raid 1.

Step 1: Full backup as stated above.

Step 2: Remove one 2TB disk (You should get a red light; and a “raid degraded” indication on dashboard)

Step 3: Install one 10TB disk
(You should expect a prompt on the dashboard to “Rebuild Raid array”)
(This will take awhile)
(End result will be a rebuilt array with 2TB capacity)

Step 4: Remove second 2TB disk.
(You should get a red light; and a “raid degraded” indication on dashboard)

Step 5: Install second 10TB disk
(You should expect a prompt on the dashboard to “Rebuild Raid array”)
(This will take awhile)
(End result will be a rebuilt array with 2TB capacity)

Step 6: You should have an option to “expand raid array”.
(should be quick)
(End result: 10TB capacity)

Disclaimier: This is all hearsay from other posts. I never did any of this.