[ex2 ultra] Can't install any app after quick restore

I am unable to install any app on my EX2 Ultra. The app downloads, then an error message appears “Failed to install app.”

I recently purchased an EX2 Ultra and began setting it up. Initially, I was able to install apps – I installed Plex Media Server and Dropbox, and even manually installed a more recent update to Plex Media Server. I made some mistakes in configuration, so I performed a Quick Restore to start over (more accurately, a Full Restore that I changed to a Quick Restore about 5 minutes into the process). After the Quick Restore, whenever I try to install an app (whether clicking “Install” on one of the apps in the App Store or using the “Install an app manually” button), the app downloads (or uploads, in the case of a manual app installation), then an error message appears “Failed to install app.”

Here’s what I’ve tried:

• Rebooting the hardware
  • Testing with several different apps (I’ve tried Joomla, Plex Media Server, a manual install of Plex Media Server, and Dropbox)

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Go through initial setup wizard
  2. Install Plex Media Server
  3. Start Plex Media Server app
  4. Open Plex Media Server app; observe “There’s a new version” notification
  5. Click notification to download updated Plex Media Server app binary
  6. Return to My Cloud admin portal; stop Plex Media Server app
  7. Click “Install an app manually”; browse to updated Plex Media Server app binary
  8. Click button to acknowledge overwriting an installed app
  9. Begin a Full Restore
  10. Click the button on the Restore progress to switch to a Quick Restore
  11. Allow Quick Restore to complete
  12. Go through initial setup wizard
  13. Attempt to install any app
  • EXPECTED RESULT: app installs successfully
  • ACTUAL RESULT: an error message appears “Failed to install app.”