EX2 Raid1 Migration Issue

Got my EX2, set up with 1st drive, then added second drive.

Was procratinating with the RAID1 I really wanted.

Last night I decided to click that migration button and sleep though the process.

This am all appears well.  Both drives up and running, and disk usage shows everthing is there and recognised  by category.  Date I had put in a folder I created is there.

!!!  BUT  !!!

Most of my data was in the initial present public folder.  BUT This folder does not show up anywhere.  Not in dashboard, not in any WD apps and not in windows file manager.  So it seems I know its there but I don’t know how to get to it.

anyone have any helpful thoughts?

DuffyZ wrote:

So it seems I know its there but I don’t know how to get to it.

Did you bother to look in the manual for the answer first?

Well, here ya go →   http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705119.pdf#page=88

So I think your saying it’s gone?

So I read that, and thenn some other posts that discussed RAID1 migrations where all was copied.  That is strage because the space is still ocuppied by the files and I can see and access the folder I made outside the original public folder. 

Also, if I click on the dashboard capacity item it accounts for pictures, videos, music etc and that’s the stuff im trying to get to.  So it knows it’s there!

Well, there’s one way to be sure. You can access via ssh and do a directory listing. I don’t have RAID enabled so I don’t know the exact path to the shares (Public and custom shares). For me, in JBOD mode the files are all under /mnt/HD/HD_a2/… For RAID, I think there’s an md0 or some similar named folder created, under which the shares are kept. So if you enable SSH from the dashboard and ssh into the machine, you’ll be able to find out. From what you say, it does sound like the stuff is still there but I wouldn’t get my hopes up at this point without confirmation.

Gawwww-leeeee,

PROBLEM RESOLVED !!!

was driving me crazy & thought I was in for a little SSH which was all new to me    :expressionless:

after some investigation and screnn searching I go to Dashboard / Settings / Utiity

and run SYSTEM TEST   …   AND   …

Sur-prise, sur-prise, sur-prise

Shazam!

all is well and the folders Public / Smartware & TimeMachineBackup CAME BACK !!!

WHEW !