Ethernet Port not working

Hi Everyone, I need help.  I used a wireless USB adapter on day one of getting my WD TV Live Hub and yesterday, I decided to use a wired connection instead.  When I plugged in the Ethernet cable in the port of the hub.  Nothing lights up and it did not connect to the internet.  I check connection on the hub and it says that it is not connected.  The wireless connection works fine.  I’m thinking that the Ethernet port is broken/defected since there is no green light.  There should always be a green light on the port, correct?  The orange light comes on once there is a cable connection to the router.  I’ve tried plugging it to different ports of the router and even directly to the modem and nothing.  Is there some way I turned off the Ethernet port?  Thanks in advance for any help.  =)

Did you re-configure?

If you switch between wired / wireless, you need to run the connection setup again.

I did reconfigure.  Also, there are no lights behind the Ethernet port to begin with.  No green light or orange light.  I took out the wireless adapter and also tired reseting it to factory and redoing the network connection.  I get nothing.  I think my port is broken since there are no solid green light on the port before plugging in the cable. =\

There won’t be any lights until you plug in the cable. Green means a good connection, and yellow means traffic.

So you are telling me that there is no solid green light on the port before plugging a cable in?  Hmm I guess my VOIP ethernet port is different.  Anyway, I get no lights or productivity lights when I plug a cable from the router to the hub.  Also, I tried connecting it directly to the modem and yet it is still the same.  No lights.  I tried setting it up each time and with no wireless adapter connected.  Still no lights.  Thanks for your help, btw.

Try a different cable? If another still doesn’t work, I agree… The port is probably bad.

Could you take a look at my post please?

Similar issue, but my WDTVLH came straight out of the box.

The odd flicker of an orange light on the ethernet port, but that’s it.

My wall plate, and my cable, are both tested and work.