Ethernet chip overheating problem on the wdtv live hub

i VE HAD 2 WDTV LIVE HUBS FAIL WITHIN THE LAST YEAR . aFTER THE FIRST ONE BEEN REPLACED THE OTHER FAILED WITHIN 1O MONTHS. 

Current problem is as follows.

On a windows 7 pc , i can see the name  wdtv live hub via the ethernet network but cannot access the hub . Cannot ping and the WD discovery Program does not see the unit.

Any suggestions as i do suspect that the ethernet has failed and my research indiactes there has been problems with the ethernet.

Attempting to contact Customer support is a nightmare from overseas. Really a waste of time.

Also the first replacement took over 8 weeks to replace .Hence my real warranty was only 10 months of a working unit

that failed again.

Love to hear any comments.

Can you access any other network shares from your Windows 7 PC?  Firewalls? 

Did you enable Network Share Server on the WDTV Live Hub?  Can you access the GUI?

Which firmware is it? 

Can you access services like youtube from the hub? Your heading is definite that a chip is overheating but within your post it says that this is what you believe. Do you know if there is a problem with the chip or not. Are you technically equipped to know that it is a overheated chip or are you just going on internet rumours.