ETA if any for OS5 on EX4 NAS?

I still have 2 EX4 NAS units and I need the SAMBA support that OS5 provides. My EX4100 and PR4100 are fine. Right now, these two EX4s have become useless for my purpose because I can not browse them any longer with my software that wants SAMBA 3.0 support.

So, is this firmware in the works, or is it never going to be available? I need to make a purchase decision soon. I hate that I can now longer use my hardware for this reason.

The My Cloud EX4 support SMB1, SMB2 and SMB3 by default.
Just go into Settings → Windows Protocol and set the Max Samba to SMB3 and it will use SMB1, SMB2 and SMB3. You can see the SMB settings in /etc/samba/smb.conf file if you’re curious.

My Cloud OS 5 introduces more samba selections.

Thank you for your reply. I did go in and set one of my units to smb3 as you stated but the other one was already on smb3. That did not resolve my problem, There must be some other dependency on the OS5 that is still needed.

With OS5, I am able to use the Zeroconf browser to browse the NAS and see the shares. My EX4100 would not work either until I upgraded it to OS5. After setting SMB to 3 as you stated on the EX4s, the units still don’t show up and can not browse Windows SMB.

So if that doesn’t fix it, I am back to my question about an ETA for OS5 on the EX4 series. Is it being planned? Thanks

The EX4 is in the “End of Updates” status.

Not what I wanted to hear, but Thank you.