Essential 2TB External HD - Freezing and shutting down

Hello.

I’m back.  I had a problem a few months back. see this:   http://community.wdc.com/t5/External-Drives-for-PC/Essential-2TB-External-HD-Freezing-Parameter-Prob/td-p/521820

I am back becaue I seem to be having a similar problem and the actions i took last time do not seem to be working.

The drive EVENTUALLY will show up in the 'My Computer" but when I double click it to open it, it Freezes and Freezes. or when it eventually opens it shows the progress bar at the top showing it opening the folders inside it gets all the way to the end of the opening and then Freezes again and shuts itself down.

I just would like it to FULLY LOAD so I can delete about 130 files that someone gave me that I think caused this prolem in the first place, but i cant get that far.  or If i can get to thoes files and i hit DELETE then  the “getting ready to recycle” message pops up and freezes eveything and then it shuts itself down again.

here are some photos and explinations

1.  I plug in the drive, My computer is reading it

2.  The drive takes 5 minutes to FULLY recognize

1. I double click the Drive and it begins to load all of the folders/files.  AS I WAS MAKING THIS SCREEN CAP EVERYTHING FROZE AND FORCE QUIT THE PROGRAM I WAS USING AND SHUT DOWN THE DRIVE AS IT WAS STILL LOADING

1. Here it is freezing everything again trying to load, getting a little bit further

1.  This is where it stops, see the green status bar at the top?  it gets ALLLLLLLLLL the way here and then stops and sutomatically shuts everything down

1.  After it automatically shuts down this is what it looks like in ‘My Computer’ Notice it now down in “Other” with a ‘?’ and then it disappears completely. 

If i dont touch anything after it disappears then magically it appears again (after several minutes) and loads and the whole process repeats again

And this is where I’m at.  

Help.

Any assistance would be great.

Thanks

Joe

Have you tried disabling the firewall of your antivirus just for testing?

Make sure to connect the drive directly to the wall outlet, it could be a power issue.