Error: the underlying connection was closed. an unexpected error occurred on a send

I have only used this backup drive maybe a couple of times and when I first hooked it up the other day it just keep saying "starting backup’ clear to the next day. So I erased all files on the drive to make sure there was room on the drive and now I get this error: Unable to backup files to my Passport Ultra. Please make sure your drive is connected and accessible.

So I thought maybe the software needs updating. I tried doing that and get this error: “the underlying connection was closed. an unexpected error occurred on a send” I tried googling and it refers to My Cloud. I have never used My Cloud or signed up for it so I tried to sign up for it today, but it wants info from a sticker supposedly on the drive itself which isn’t there.

I was able to run the Quick Drive Test and it was okay. I’m using Windows 10. Is that the problem?

What to do now?

Hi Debbk487,

Try to uninstall the software and download the latest version of the software from the link given below and let us know if the issue still persist.