Error on trying retrieve files in WD Smartware after migration to Windows 7 64

Hi,

I did a clean install of Windows 7 Pro 64-bit after formatting my hard disk. Before that, on Windows 7 Pro 32-bit, I had backed up the files I wanted using WD Smartware File Backup mode. The files are still there on My Passport SE & I can copy them manually.

But on trying to Retrieve them in Smartware I get: _ Files not Retrieved. Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less tha the size of the collection. Parameter name: Index _

I did all the updates for Windows 7 Sevice Pack 1 & the Smartware (Help shows version 1.5.1.6), Firmware 1.003. Also went under Device Manager → update driver for the WD SES device → Let windows search for updates: I got driver up to date.

Thanks for all your help,

Satish

Something like this happened when I upgraded the system to Windows 7, If you changed the operating system to since last time you backed up, uninstall the software from the control pannel add/remove programs, reset the computer and then you should try download and install the software from this link that I found in WD web site.

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/wdsmartwareupdate/wdsmartware.asp?id=wdfGeneric&os=win

Remember to select the option to retrieve “in a retrieved content folder” on the retrieve tab, since you upgraded the operating system, to retrieve “to the original places” will no longer be available.