Error Message "Invalid request. (404). Unable to log in to My Cloud from Android

Evolution80 wrote:

Had same issue here.

Only way I’ve found to resolve on my HTC One M8 is make sure app is fully closed, delete data in app settings. On WD Dashboard turn off cloud access>Remote access - had to click this twice to make sure was off. Once this is done then open app on HTC and re-login> this turned cloud access back on automatically - you can see this on WD Dash webpage while logging in.

Good luck

Glad it worked.

BUT >>>>>>> Are you sure remote access swtiches on by itself?

If it does, there is a security problem here.

Mine will never switches back on by itself, it should never do that!!!

No problem. I think I still have a ticket open with them and will advise.
Thanks again.

Just in case others are still running into this problem:

I also encountered the 404 issue on several devices (Galaxy Tab, S3, S5, S6 Edge) repeatedly.

Last time, I rebooted a lot, ran system checks, did a firmware update, shouted, screamed and cussed a lot.

Eventually I got it back to work, but didn’t really know how.

Today (just 15 minutes ago), the problem arose again.

Thanks to the hint of turning off the remore access, I could work it out, although things were a bit different for me.

What I did:

• Completely close WDmyCloud on the device (tab, smartphone): stop the process, clear the cache

• Go to the WD dashboard - settings - disable remote access

• Reboot the cloud

• Enable remote access again

• Open the app on the mobile device, delete the connected MyCloud (MUST, or you will get 404 again)

• Scan for Clouds in your network, add the found cloud, reenter username and password

The connection is then re-established.

Hope this will work for you.

Kinda sad WD has not come up with any kind of support or official statement what’s causing this issue from time to time.

I turned off automatic firmware updates just to make sure no other factor is messing with my system until an official fix wil lbe announced.

So long,

Shin

I had the same problem on Jan, 2016. It turns out rebooting the system solved the problem. Back at work again.

This error, it seems, is caused when your network hosting the device is setup the same as the network (away from home). For example: 192.168.0.1 is your router at home & work. Change one to be 192.168.1.1, and the error went away and it worked properly. It’s likely the software thinking the device is local on both networks, and not seeing it at the remote location.