Error in "Content Scan" - Crawler is not running

Thanks,  restarting the daemons worked perfectly.  Easiest fix.  Not sure why they died.

On my 3Tb WDMyCloud I consistently get the error message :Crawler is not running." After every reboot, the message goes away for some time, but it does come back. So I do not consider rebooting a solution.

I have set the WDMyCloud to NOT do any media serving, to NOT index any media and to NOT do any iTunes serving.

In other words, what WD sees as an error, to me is a feature. They just need to stop considering a crawler not running as an error, if the user has turned off all media indexing and serving.

I am having the same problem (“crawler is not running”). I did all the proposed “solutions” in the thread, but nothing worked. I do not consider a temporay fix (such as a restart) a solution, because the problem keeps coming back. I had a terrible experience with WD support over the phone. I found WD representative on the phone completely clueless and always go for the “easy fix” which is declaring my unit defective and offering me to send a unit. I do not want a new unit because I spent days getting all my data on this unit, and judging by how common this problem is, chances are I will have the same problem again. I got much more info on the problem researching on my own online. I am going to keep trying for a few more days. Iif nothing works, I will just cut my losses, get rid of this peice of junk and let eveyone never to consider a WD product.