Error in "Content Scan" - Crawler is not running

Hello,

pb with MyCloud 3To.

In dashbord i have an error in bottom right corner, section “Content Scan”

In “Snapshot of your current Media database scan.” i’ve got message “Crawler is not running (400209)”.

Can someone help me ?

My config :

RAM : 16Go 

i’ve made an hard boot reset  … and it seem to be fine.

strange 

I had the same problem, tried the reboot from within the dashboard but no luck solving the problem, then tried to unplug and plug back in, still no good, finaly within the settings tab, I selected to reset system settings and this finally fixed the problem. Not sure what went wrong or if the settings reset (system settings ONLY though) actually fixed it or something else… but its working great now… maybe this will help someone else… 

A restet system setting ?

does it delete content because i have a lot of content on my HDD MyCloud :slight_smile:

Same here.

“hard boot reset” doesn’t sound very good to me.:confounded:

Maybe someone could put some light on this. it seems to be quite common.

Try settings > media > rescan or rebuild option

hard reset = pull power plug and replug, but its better to do it from the Settings > Utilities > Reboot  option

"Try settings > media > rescan or rebuild option

hard reset = pull power plug and replug, but its better to do it from the Settings > Utilities > Reboot  option"

Rescan and rebuild doesn’t fix this problem.

A few minutes after that i was changing dns settings from browser and the dialog freeze i reload the page and it can’t connect to My Cloud then i hard reboot and get the infamous yellow light !

:cry:

I tried two more times and i get the same the back panel leds it’s green and blinking green and front is blinking yellow after the white boot up.

It’s no too hot…must be really [censored]!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I will let it sit for an hour and cross fingers…

One hour later i reseted it with a paperclip and it comes back to blinking yellow led same result with system only factory restore holding the reset button for 40 seconds while i plugg the power adapter.

After 3 days of use My Cloud NAS is on the nasty RMA process.

P.S. : I presume that opening the case to try to recover data from the HDD connecting directly to a sata cable in a linux system will void the warranty.

… so 1.5 TB of multimedia files lost in  3 days… :angry:

And thats why I’m afraid to use, no reboot, no users, no shares, just a hope for the next firmware fix it. And I will be able to use it again like a NAS.

And how a new firmware can solve a bricked My cloud if you can’t flash it?

:cry:

I mean upgrade OS…

Hi,

Does anyone know how to resolve this.

I uploaded the new firmware before I loaded any data and things have been fine. I uploaded a lot of stuff this weekend and now I have the ‘Error’ in Content Scan (crawler not working).

Update to my previous post, problem is back again… anyone???

A restet system setting ?

does it delete content because i have a lot of content on my HDD MyCloud :smiley:

that option doesn’t delete content, but make sure to read before pressing the button, because I believe the other two reset options to erase content… just fyi though, my problem came back a few days later, so I’m kind of just waiting now to see if someone comes up with something, drive working but still getting that error

One issue that I’ve had here with the dreaded white light, is that you’ll have to pull the power on your modem and router along with the mycloud device to bring it back to the blue light zone. This seems to be a trait of this device. 

badgerpearsony wrote:

One issue that I’ve had here with the dreaded white light, is that you’ll have to pull the power on your modem and router along with the mycloud device to bring it back to the blue light zone. This seems to be a trait of this device. 

If this problem is happening for you after you reboot any one of those devices you referenced, one thing you may be able to do to avoid that problem and having to reboot everything is on your pc open up a command prompt

1. enter in cmd in the start menu> cmd 
  1. then enter in > ipconfig /release
  1. then enter in> ipconfig /renew

that should allow the my cloud to get its IP address without issue… but depends what the problem is for the my cloud having the white light…

Also another possible solution I’ve come across for the “crawler is not running” error would be to go into settings> media> turn both media streaming and itunes server off, then go to utilities and reboot from there… then once it reboots go into settings and turn both media streaming and itunes server back on… another possible solution that seems to have fixed mine for now … 

I have tried the “hard boot reset” option. Issue went away for a while then came back…

Hello,

I was having the same problem numerous times. Yes, rebooting helps, but I am towards stability, so I have figured out how to start the crawler again without rebooting the whole device.

Below are the steps you need to perform:

1. Ensure you have SSH connection enabled in the WD My Cloud network settings

2. Connect to My Cloud via SSH and enter below commands to the console

/etc/init.d/wdmcserverd restart;
    /etc/init.d/wdphotodbmergerd restart;
    /etc/init.d/wddispatcherd restart;

The output should look like this:

WDMyCloud1:~# /etc/init.d/wdmcserverd restart;
[ok] Stopping wdmcserver: wdmcserver.
[....] Starting wdmcserver: wdmcserver9498 (process ID) old priority 0, new priority 0
. ok 
WDMyCloud1:~# /etc/init.d/wdphotodbmergerd restart;
[ok] Stopping wdphotodbmerger: wdphotodbmerger.
[....] Starting wdphotodbmerger: wdphotodbmerger9649 (process ID) old priority 0, new priority 0
. ok 
WDMyCloud1:~# /etc/init.d/wddispatcherd restart;
[ok] Stopping wddispatcher: wddispatcher.
[....] Starting wddispatcher: wddispatcher9721 (process ID) old priority 0, new priority 0
. ok 
WDMyCloud1:~#

Crawler should be started by now and you should start seeing a green flag in your WD dashboard > Content Scann.

During first few minutes it will show that Scan Completed, but 0 files are processed. Don’t worry, soon your old numbers will be back and if you have any changes to your media library - it will start scanning.

It took 5 minutes to restore all the library in my case.

Hope this will help. Cheers

Hi,

the restart is working Thank you. But this IOS Photo App still does not find Photos

Greetings

Matthias

I just got me new 4TB My Cloud and its got the latest firmware…have rebooted from BonJour couple of time but still no joy. Am eagerly looking for a solution without a hard reboot. :frowning:

Does the Hard Reboot remove data?